Monday 1 June 2009

Annoying


I am a huge fan of Doctor Who (the new series) and have watched every single episode at least six times. So when yesterday there was a marathon of Doctor Who on the Sci Fi channel, I was over the moon. But as I watched, there were some things wrong. The show was still fantastic, but there were commercial breaks (!) and worse still: scenes missing!

Then at night as I was watching Jane Eyre on BBC-Prime, they too decided to skip certain scenes. They might not have been really necessary, but why shoot the scenes, show them in the original version and cut them out later? It didn't make sense to me at all and I hope it's not going to be the norm for the future!

3 comments:

  1. e mail the channel site and let them know you dont like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that too!! I think it's done by the TV channels for expediency. I'd rather buy the DVDs and see the thing in it's entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate commercial breaks! They seem to last longer every time. Sometimes we've even forgotten what the hell we were watching anyway. Aarrrggghhh!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!