Monday 24 January 2011

I can feel my tongue again

I had to go to the dentist again today. To have those cavities filled. I had thought of asking my Mum to come along, but felt that at 39 I should be able to do it alone and I am glad to say: I was! Mind you, if I hadn't had the anaestheasiasiaas-whatever, they could have scraped me off the ceiling, but the dentist is a nice man and gave me two little pricks in my mouth. Of course, once he started drilling I realised I needed more knock-out stuff, but even that was fairly okay.

He drilled, he brushed, I swallowed and nearly choked, he filled, he sanded, he hoovered and I nearly choked again. Right now I am still half drooling, although my tongue has gone back to normal and my lower lip is on its way as well. My top lip however is still numb and not even tingling yet.

Do you know, when looking back at what the dentist did, it sounds more as if he was a carpenter and not a dentist!

7 comments:

  1. I am old enough to have had drilling without anesthetic. Those weren't the good, old days. Now I prefer both anesthetic AND gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer a general anaesthetic. Mind you, that's probably why I now have dentures.
    Very brave, Mara, good for you!
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I go to the dentist, I end up grabbing the arms of the chair and holding on for dear life. I've lost track of how many times I've been told to relax.

    At least it's done now. And your mouth will be back to normal size soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you I really do!!!!!!!!!!!
    Id rather go thru child birth than go to the dentist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not one of my favorite places to go. It's like having a dribble glass when you drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on my way to the dentist today for a root canal. Not looking forward to it...

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!