Monday 30 January 2012

Wuppie

He is getting on a bit. In human years he is nearing one hundred, in cat years he is nearing 14. He sits on my lap a lot and even if I move about, he will stay put. He has never been the most clever of cats, unless it comes to food and in that case he is a genius.

On Saturday, as I was watching television, he didn't sit on my lap, but slept on the chest near the central heating. I guess he was dreaming, because as I was glancing over, I saw him slide off the chest in quite an undignified manner. I think it shocked him too and it probably hurt him as well, as he was limping!

The limp didn't last long though. As soon as I had picked him up to examine the leg, he settled in my arms and then stayed on my lap for a further 3 hours.

You have to love him!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, you just have to. He's cute. But a mere juvenile compared to our 21 (almost 22) year old Bengeltje, who just this Saturday fell off the sofa, but wasn't hurt. I laughed. Hubs thought that was very insensitive of me. But it was funny ;-)

    I hope Wuppie gets to Bengeltje's age and older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an old cat, but I hope you have many more snuggles with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby. Glad he didn't hurt himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love Wuppie and your stories about him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like his name! I think it is very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!