Wednesday 24 October 2012

Progress

It has been a bit of radio silence from me. I wasn't far from the computer at all though: I was almost constantly on it! Making list after list of the stuff I have packed so far (about 20 boxes in all, I think about 20-25 to go). Making a list of all the things I would have to do: cancel, request, find out, do, not do! And then this morning I finally was able to quit my current job.

Yes, you read right: I was able to quit my job, since I had received my contract. It was a bit of relief on my part I can tell you. Telling everyone I had a job and then not getting a contract played havoc on my innards, but eventually I got it. And as of now I have so many things to do and settle and whatever. 

I settled on a moving company. I quit. I went to the town hall, to the bank, to the optician's. I requested certificates, notes and whatevers (they are the funny pink doodahs that lurk in the thingymebob). I packed and packed. I booked a flight and I "booked" accommodation for my two monsters. Because as luck or bad luck would have it: they cannot come just now! 

Unfortunately the time span in which the monsters would be allowed on is from April 1st until October 31st. I am travelling at the end of November. The reason: the cold and an unheated hold would mean the monsters might freeze to death. Fortunately I have a very good friend who sometimes goes by the name of Pepperfly who has offered to take them in: either temporarily or permanently. It will be sad not to have them there, but it might perhaps be easier as well. 

Anyway, enough of the bad news. I HAVE A JOB!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Your beautiful monsters mustn't be in that cold hold, that's for sure.
    You will have time to think about whether you want to have them in Norway, or leave them with Pepperfly, as you endure the cold yourself.
    Congratulations on receiving the contract. That must have been incredibly difficult, waiting for it to come, hoping it would come quickly, wondering if it would come at all...I can just imagine.
    I'm still sorry you're not coming to Canada, but I'm glad you are happy. See you soon.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I am happy for you that finally you got the contract. What I don't understand is that you will move with all your stuff as if you would stay until your retirement, and if for one reason or another you don't like it there ? I would first have tried for a 3 or so and then move with all my things. Between living in a country and visiting it is a big difference ! Do you have an appartment there in Norway ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are finally beginning to come together there for you, but sorry the 'monsters' have to wait. But after all this is a major decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about the monsters but it will work best in the beginning while you get settled and find a place to live.
    So happy you got your contract!
    Wishing you all the best. Now take a breath......all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbled upon your blog a little while ago and want to congratulate you on your new job!! Good luck with all the prep work and move :-)

    Cintha

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!