Friday 23 November 2012

Friday

I spent the night at my parents' place and actually went to bed early. I was pooped! I am not that used to being on my feet all day long and I felt it! Of course, going to bed early also means waking up early and this morning was no exception: I got up at 6am.

Today more packing is needed, although I am glad to say, the kitchen is nearly done. Only a few bits and bobs (otherwise known as plates and stuff) still need to be packed. Upstairs most of it is also packed already, bar a lot of smaller things. And then it just needs tidying up a lot upstairs, so we can get ready to clean the lot.

My Mum is coming with me this morning to continue to clean. My Dad will come over this afternoon and probably do a lot of the electrical stuff and removing from walls stuff. But I am hopeful that by the time it's Saturday, it will mostly be fluent clearing and cleaning. Fortunately several friends and colleagues are coming over to help, so it should make it a bit easier on the three of us.

Well, I am ready to put my shoes on and hit the road home.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good rest, and also glad you have such wonderful parents and helpful friends.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your other posts. Good that you have helpers ! Now could sing "the End is near" but it's not so appropriated. What did you do with all your furniture and stuff ? Put it in storage ? If I understand well your cats will stay with a friend of yours for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been working so hard. I imagine by now you are done with things at your place. Have a safe trip. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!