Thursday 25 July 2013

I wonder...

I wonder about myself at times. Why do I do the things I do. Why did I move to a little cottage in the Norwegian countryside for example. Don't get me wrong: I love living here. Hardly any traffic, beautiful views, great garden.

Hold on, did I just write great garden? See, that's why I wonder about myself! Because yes, the garden is great, but it's not great at all! It's big that's what it is. It's a place where runaway cows think they can drop their shit (literally: three big ones I found while mowing). It's a place crawling with crawlies. And not only the crawling variety either. Also the flying versions. Small white butterflies that I bet aren't butterflies at all, just look like that. Bees and wasps. Horseflies (thanks to Bessie and her mates) and all sorts of other assorted flying uckinesses. 

But if you have to mow the lawn, you have to mow the lawn. And when the battery is dead, you might as well trim the trees around the bins. Make them accessible again. That's when it must have happened.

I don't know whether it's animal, vegetable or mineral, I only know it's weird. As I was washing my hands (I needed a drink), I looked into the mirror and saw my right arm was sweating. I tried to wipe it off and... nothing! It didn't come off, since it isn't sweat. Looking closely it looks more like small blisters. It doesn't hurt. So, now I have my shoulder covered with blisters of some sort. 

I wonder...

PS: I tried to take a photo, but of course that didn't work! 

4 comments:

  1. Taking a photo of your own shoulder would be a good trick.
    I can't imagine what it is. Lawnmower allergy, that's my best guess.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be so in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden looks good. I'm glad you couldn't take a photo of the blistered skin. I prefer garden pics :-) Probably an allergic reaction to the conifers or something. Or to mowing the lawn ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!