Sunday 18 May 2014

Photo on Sunday 2014-15

The first outing of my Frysian inspired outfit! It took a while to get the whole thing on, but i managed in the end. My worries about using a toilet proved to be well-founded. And as it turned out, I should also have been worried about using stairs and steps. I found out when I nearly came down head first while going up some steps!

I must admit I didn't realise the shawl wasn't on straight and I wasn't told by the photographer either. But, the orange tulips and me in my outfit was too much of a nice photo not to use it. Nobody knew it was Frysian/Dutch and I only got asked twice where my 'bunad' actually came from. I did get plenty of stares though. 

9 comments:

  1. Finally ... the great reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh Mara you look absolutely stunning girl!!!!! Yes, remembering to be a proper lady and lift skirts appropriately is another art itself...just ask this sari wearer!

    It has been well worth the effort and the wait. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I was so pleased with the whole look and must admit I relished all the compliments I got throughout the day from colleagues who happened to see me. Those skirts however were a story in themselves!

      Delete
  3. That is so beautiful. Sorry you walked up the inside of your dress! It does bring one down rather quickly. You looked great and the shawl a little askew is just the sexy Mara look. Your mom did a wonderful job and you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky and didn't go down. That would have ruined the whole outfit I think, not to mention bruise my ego quite some bit!

      Delete
  4. Hello Mara you look stunning well worth all the effort in making it, well done. So pleased you got lots of compliments too, Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally the secret is lifted ! your costume looks beautiful ! No wonder that people starred at you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love it and it looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great look for you!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!