Tuesday 27 January 2015

Bother!

If you think that I am this nice girl that uses words like bother as curse words, you are unfortunately very much mistaken. In fact, this morning I uttered something very unladylike indeed, which has more to do with female anatomy than the quite nice sounding 'bother'. But, to keep all you (cyber)friends on my side, I will not go further into what exactly I uttered in Dutch.

There was however a reason why I uttered (exclaimed more accurately) said unmentionable word. I had just gotten a phone call. From the gynaecologist. And guess what? Those caterpillars that had moved in? Well, they are here to stay a while longer. Because my operation was cancelled. At least...

The operation here in Haugesund has been cancelled. Because it will now take place in Bergen, hopefully soon, but no word on that just yet! And the reason is that stuff running through my veins. The first time I had my bloodworks done, the values (of what I don't know) where a bit too high. And yesterday's handywork showed that the values had actually gone up a notch. 

Because I was at work and in the middle of something, I was disappointed of course, but it was only after I finished work that it really hit me: I will have to wait even longer! Even more pills have to be taken. And then going to a hospital that is not even close to where I live! It's bad enough not having my mum around, but now nobody? It quite upset me. 

Anyway, I will be fine tomorrow again. After all, my sister is still coming and you never know: I may still get operated on next week!

5 comments:

  1. Mara, I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how disappointed you are.....((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Rats!!! That's another euphemism for less than impressed... Deep breaths gal... and adding to the hug-fest... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there was a whole host of curse words going through me I can tell you! And to add to the misery? I got a cold as well! Ah well, such is life I guess.

      Delete
  3. You won't be alone. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers until I hear everything has turned out all right. These are not just words but a promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for this delay and move. I cannot imagine the blow this has given you.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!