Thursday 25 June 2015

Wow

I knew early on that stroking a cat is good for you
Now, that was unexpected wasn't it? You all know me as quite the easy-going person, sweetness personified (overdoing it here?). And then out of the blue this incredible, quite combobulated rant. I wrote it about an hour after I had watched that news program, even if it only appeared the morning after. 

In the day since I have had the chance to reflect a bit. It's still a sore point, but I am trying to work through it. I hope to be able to talk to a confidence person at work or a psychologist (like Miss Vavoom three years ago). Because there are are a fair few things going on in my head now and I am not altogether happy with that. 

I won't bore you with those thoughts, although knowing myself, I will probably do so to some degree in due time. In the mean time I will be going on as usual. Like going birthday present shopping on Friday. It's someone very special who is celebrating next week and she deserves something really nice! Any ideas anybody?

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well said Mara - I have used writing as my therapy always; it lends a clarity, becomes a mirror and brings out what lies beneath... You'll be right, mate!

    Cats are good - definitely healing... as to b'day pressies? Well that depends who - could be a certain blogger not far distant from this page? Then a much desired DVD or something orange??? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to go and take a look tomorrow. I don't even know what the birthday girl wants!

      Delete
  2. What fur a Pressie????? Hummmmmm let us think what would make a good pressie... OKAY.. MILKBONES... Ball... Stuffies... and a STEAK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that newscast brought back such bad memories! I hope going out and buying pressies will help to cheer you up :)

    xoxo, Ginger, Matt & Matilda's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes something happens to pull you right back. You feel as if you are there again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTSD, all to familiar with this disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you want to forget something forever and then suddenly it comes back when you see certain pictures. I regret that I have spent 3 days of "holidays" in Germany. Brought back bad memories which I thought I had forgotten !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!