Friday 21 August 2015

Brom's adventures in Scotland V

Coocoo

On day 5 we packed our bags. No, we weren't going home, we were going to stay in a hotel. And the reason for that was the Edinburgh Tattoo. They had decided to drive to the hotel in Edinburgh, park the car and then take the bus into town. I didn't mind, as long as I was coming along!

Greyfriar Bobby
After a bit of kerfuffle (I will write about that soon), we checked into the hotel and then took the bus to the center of town. It was soooo busy! There were people everywhere. Mara said it wasn't only the Tattoo, but there was something called the Fringe! Artists, comics, living statues, and a lot more. 

There was enough to see
just get a leaflet of the show you want to see
We walked around a bit and we ended up seeing a really nice show. It had a lot of bubbles in it, something that made me very happy. There were a lot of children there as well, who jumped at all the bubbles. It was great fun and Mara took a lot of photos.

After dinner we made our way up the Royal Mile for the Tattoo. So many people were also going to see it. I was happy Mara had a good hold of me, because I wouldn't have wanted to get lost there. So busy. We made our way inside the stadium which was on the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle and found our seats; Mara's Papa and Mama were already there. 

The show started and it was absolutely beautiful. The theme was East meets West and there were groups from the United Kingdom, the United States, Switzerland and China. Probably even more, but I can't remember all! 

There were bagpipes and drums, there were men throwing guns (didn't like that very much though, I don't like guns), there were violinists, dancers, Chinese dragons, singers, Swiss drummers and a pony. 

My favourites were the Chinese dragons and the Swiss drummers. The dragons were just a really fun show with lotus flowers and bees and such. The Swiss drummers did everything at the same time and it was just perfect!

The mascot of the Tattoo (I think)
At the end there were fireworks and balloons and everybody came in. It was great fun and I was so glad I had been allowed to come along. When it was finished, it took a bit of time to get out of the stadium again and to find our bus stop, but we made it back to the hotel around midnight. After a quick drink Mara and I went up to our room.

I dreamt of bubbles and Chinese dragons that night!

7 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Brom, that was just a fabulous day you and Mara had! The Edinburgh Tattoo is a very special occasion and am so glad you were able to go along. Hugs and growlies, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go again next year, but Mara says perhaps the one in Oslo or one in Sweden would be better!

      Delete
  2. Another great day. Hope you managed to catch a few bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the peeps luffs Edinburgh, so pleased that you had a great time there as well
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I could cope with the crowds, but it seems like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time Brom!! Mama says she and Daddy will hopefully get to Scotland one day!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The streets do look crowded. Love the photos and it looks like it was a fun show! What a great trip your having.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!