Thursday 18 August 2016

Miss Oswin gets a taste of freedom

Miaow

When Mara first opened the door today, I didn't quite believe it. Besides, upstairs there is lots to explore, so I went there. But when I came back down, she opened the door again! This time I was going to take my chance. I was going outside!

Oh my, it was glorious. So much to sniff at, there was grass beneath my feet, new noises, new sights, new everythings. Mara followed me with the flashy thing, but I did not care! I was outside. The best. I didn't see any mice, but there was a hint of strange cat around. Hm, I think I will have to explore that some more. 

Unfortunately Mara wanted me to come in again after a very short time. I did not like that at all, but she cheated with some sweets. Not nice. Perhaps if I ask nicely, she will let me go out a bit more often...

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I am happy for you Oswin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would have been happier had she been left outside for longer. But she got her chance in the attic!

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Well, Miss O, I think that if you keep coming back when Mara asks, she in her turn will let you explore a little more... it's a give and take thing... You do look lovely with your pawses on the grasses it must be said! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. Not when I have an all day shift, but if I have a day off at some point, I will let her out and let her roam a bit. I know she misses it dreadfully.

      Delete
  3. That's great Oswin ! Finally out ! Or you do as Yamini says or ask Mara to buy you a harness and walk you around that is good for her health (!) I used to do that with Arthur when he had a broken tail ! It really went well. I am back from my holidays and have to get used to normal life again. The Edinburgh Tattoo was really wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter's cat did a rapid escape when we went over yesterday. Fortunately she stops in bewilderment once she's out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Short and sweet is good! Glad that the treats worked.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!