Wednesday 4 January 2017

Some days

A completely random photo from my collection.
Nobody in their right mind will be in this state of undress at this time of year in Norway.
Some days at work are great. Some days are not. Yesterday was going great. Until it wasn't!

I start work every day around 5.45/6am. In normal English: too #^%#& early! But, after a while you get used to it and you just get on with them. As I did yesterday morning. I knew what I was going to do and I set off and did it. Nooooo problem!

Until a colleague came up to me: whether I was sure I was driving the right line. Well, yes, of course I was. I looked in my paperwork. Of course I was not. I started at the wrong end of town on the wrong route and the at the wrong time! 

I felt really bad and tried to make it to the other side of town, but of course I was never able to. I started the (by then officially cancelled) route halfway down and drove the few people I had picked up to their stops. 

I joked about it when I got back that afternoon. It was the fault of the real driver of that route. Had he been on time, he might have caught me out sooner. Or another driver's fault, the one who usually checks my shift to see what he did last week. But of course it wasn't their fault at all. It was mine. 

So, this morning I checked my paperwork. Twice. And showed it to others. Just to make sure I started on the right route, at the right side of town and at the right time (which by the way, was the route I wasn't supposed to do yesterday). 

12 comments:

  1. Yipes! Dad went out with his shorts on this morning. Well, he stood at the back door while I ran around barking at squirrels and wouldn't come back in. It was very windy this morning. Still is. He brags he's an old Finn and doesn't mind the cold, but I'm sure he got some frozen buns from that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fins don't mind the cold if they have just been in the sauna. Had your Dad just been in the sauna???

      Delete
  2. Oophs, there'll be sum upset peeps waiting fur their bus! Butt….there will be sum happy peeps that you picked up instead
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, just carry on with a smile!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing I could do really.

      Delete
  4. Gosh darn it. I bet it is confusing to have a different route. I just thought you always had the same route. How often does it change?
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. A confusing Day fur SURE... butt at least everybuddy has a fun story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a little bit funny. Just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. But the time you were up is really the reason for the problem.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! That's it! I hadn't even thought about blaming my early hours. Not sure my boss would agree though...

      Delete
  8. I just was ready to say that it was my fault, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a way to start your day!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!