Tuesday 5 September 2017

Miss Oswin catches a bird

Miaow

Well! Or should I say: WELL! They just left me alone for a whole week!! All of them, gone. And yes, I know they took that noisy car of hers, but still, they could have come back the next day. Fortunately our landlord is really nice and friendly and he came over every day to give me my food and water and to cuddle me. Because, you know, I missed them! Even Brom and that is saying something.

Anyway, once they finally came back after like a year, I was allowed out again as well. Mara doesn't think I would come home if somebody else called me in. Well, I tell you this much: when I was allowed out and the landlord was out: I went over to him and let him stroke me! So there!!

On my outings this time there was lots to see again. After all, I hadn't been outside in an eternity and things had changed. And then my eye spotted something. Several somethings really. Black and white birds [magpies]. I think there were three or four, but forgive me if I don't quite recall. I shot out of the bushes and I caught one! He was young and he fought and in the end I had to let him go. 

I wonder what that is?
Oh, a big soap bubble...
When I came in later that evening, I told Mara of course, but she just ummed a bit. She didn't believe me!! The nerve. Fortunately I had a witness and the next day, when Mara was at work, her landlord told her that I had grabbed a bird. She was finally impressed...

14 comments:

  1. Miss Oswin...Mara is very smart not to let you go on walk abouts she she is away. You'd probably walk 87 miles and then how would you get back
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I hope that you are planning to send a photo of yourself and Brom for my Blanket Volleyball event.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari om
    Miss O, that is quite the coup! At least Mara now knows for certain you would not starve in her absence!!! Hugs and whiskeries YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, our landlord is really nice. Mara even had him trained to give me my sweeties! If you mean the bird: he got away...

      Delete
    2. ...okay...(secretly, am glad about that!) Yx

      Delete
  4. Pay attention with magpies ! they are terrible with cats, we have lots of here around and they attack cats ! one was badly bitten in one ear, another had to hide under the chimney roof on the roof ! Even Arthur the hero runs away when he sees a magpie !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you are doing a lot better than me so far this season! I haven't caught anything yet! One summer I caught eight birdies! Once I caught five bunnies, and I've also caught numerous mice and shrews too. But this year: nothing!!! I've never seen a magpie, but I imagine they couldn't be worse than those big old grackles we have here. Good luck Miss Oswin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to catch mice when we lived in the country, but our landlady told Mara that I had ruined the water for sure! So, we had to move and there aren't that many mice living around here, at least not that I can see.

      Delete
  6. Crikey Miss Oswin ..... well done!! Mum wouldn't be at all pleased with you. She LOVES magpies. I took off after one one day and it took off so fast that all I managed to get was a tail feather. You should have heard Mum. She was screaming at me like a banshee but I never listen to her. I'm very impressed that you, A CAT, managed to catch one. Even if it did get away. Sorry I'm not around much but Mum's eyes are shot. We still love you though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very proud of myself as well. I just didn't like it that Mara didn't believe me. Fortunately I did have a witness!

      Delete
  7. Miss Oswin, well, you showed everyone how independent you can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And guess what: later that week I came inside when the landlord came inside! He then had to knock on Mara's door, so I could actually go home!!!

      Delete
  8. Cats must be the ultimate predators. They are natural killing machines, yet so sweet in their own way.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!