Saturday 16 December 2017

One week to go

I thought my parents and friends would arrive on December 22nd and my sister would arrive a day later. Turns out, my sister will also be arriving that day. Which got me a bit in a whirl: what time will you arrive???? Well, she will arrive after I (should have) finish(ed) work. So, we should be good. Fingers crossed...

Yesterday I did my first bit of shopping for the holidays. Over the past year I had saved up money and when I went to the Norwegian state-run off-licence yesterday, that was the money I used. I got some rosé, two different types of white wine and one red. Multiple bottles of each! I can tell you, the trek back to the car was very long! Talking about alcohol though: I found out I had several bottles of spirits and other drinks. Including brandy! I never drink brandy, so I don't know where that came from.

Hungarian Forints. Not much use in Norwegian shops
Fortunately there was still some money left and today I did my second shop. This time it was the foodstuffs that can be kept a while. I will get the perishables next week. Even though I did have to dig into my account a bit, it wasn't as bad as I originally feared. 

Next week will be a busy week. I have split shifts on four of the five days. During the breaks I will have to do some work (read cleaning), so the house will look fine and dandy and ready for Christmas and visitors. On Friday though, I will have to go to the police for a new driving note, so I will be allowed to drive also in the new year. For said driving note I need a medical test, so on Thursday evening I will go to my GP. 

Right. I will just empty another Christmas crate (only six more to get down I think) and then slowly prepare myself for a good night in front of the telly!

10 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Oh this was a timely appearance of your post; just got back from the hall where a certain calendar came through the door!!! &*> Very nice. Takk skal du ha!

    I am so glad I got all my stuff done at start of month and don't have to think any more about it. I brought back major groceries from Edinburgh and have my neighbour (with dog) for dinner on Tuesday - full Indian spread - then only myself to feed until I head back East again. A few spoilings in there, but not too much. Completely forgot about drinks - though do have coconut water. Oh yes, have some ginger cordial... will get some Irn Bru round the corner shop. &*<>... it's gonna be wild hehehehehehehe.

    Who's gonna win that glitterball though??? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the most deserving as it turns out! My choice was between Alexandra and Joe. I felt Debbie was great technically, but I felt there wasn't a spark. Alexandra was great from the off, but Joe had shown the most improvement over the series. I never really considered Gemma as a winner. She was good, the others were great.

      Irn Bru? I have had to buy it for teachers, but have never actually tasted it. It looks quite lethal though! Mind you, I am not much for soft drinks anyway. I prefer something not carbonated.

      Delete
    2. ..as do I majority time; but for occasions...

      Yes, I was for Joe but was beginning to wonder if the public might be silly again. They weren't and I should have more faith! Have to say though, every dance tonight was brilliant. Sigh... what next. Oh yes, Dr Who! Yxx

      Delete
    3. Dr Who! Can't wait for that, yet I have to.

      Delete
  2. Ah, getting ready for all the festivities (and company)!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are pretty well organized. It is a lot of work but definitely worth it. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis the season to spend spend spend for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your preparations are going well. I hope you manage to get it all done before your visitors arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. But slowly things start to take shape. It's just a bother that my boss expects me to work as well... ;)

      Delete
  6. Busy, busy, busy! It is wonderful you will be able to spend time with family this time of year. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!